Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank you for all you did Ian

Platform
    PS4 Pro

Thank you for all you did Ian

So sorry to see the Wookie leave...this has caught me,and i'm sure many others,completely by surprise.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20211029-113321_Twitter.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	158.8 KB 
ID:	285654

Official communication:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...nd-ceo-departs

Race Department:

https://www.racedepartment.com/news/...edium=facebook

Bsim:

https://www.bsimracing.com/slightly-...s-the-company/
    Last edited by Konan; 30-10-2021 at 08:37.
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Benjamin Benichou, EmilGlockner, GTsimms, Maskmagog, MaximusN, MrTulip, Tank621

Platform
    PC
    WMD1 & WMD2 and more than 5.000 hours of enjoyment in PCARS1 & PCARS2. I only can say: Thanks, Ian
    Last edited by Asturbo; 29-10-2021 at 09:45.
    CPU: Intel i9-9900KF | GPU: nVidia RTX2080Ti | RAM: Gskill 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec DD1 + Porsche Endurance + Formula 1 V2 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PCARS4 wish list
    The following 8 users likes this Post: Benjamin Benichou, cluck, GTsimms, Konan, Mark Adams, MrTulip, t8u928, Tank621

Platform
    PC
    Slightly Mad Studios just got slightly less mad...
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/tanks_photography/

Xbox: tankbuster621 Steam: Tank621 Playstation: Tankbuster621
    The following 6 users likes this Post: Asturbo, cluck, EmilGlockner, GTsimms, Konan, MrTulip

Platform
    PC
    Can't say I'm surprised. As soon as that deal was done with Codemasters, thought he would either leave immediately or be kept on for a while to help the SMS team integrate into Codies and keep a sense of continuity for them.

A shame, but yeah, not shocked.

Would be nice for some clarification on whether Project CARS 4 will be a thing, but one thing's for sure - Ian isn't in a position to comment on it now.
    i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz | 16GB RAM | Windows 10 Home | Oculus Rift S | GeForce RTX 2070 |

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Without a shadow of a doubt, these last 10 years - since WMD1 opened its doors - have been brilliant fun. I went from an offline player to a time-trial addict, e-sports participant and have been a staff member of a league that formed from the ashes of the very first Project CARS league to form (the long-departed The Gentlemen's Club). I have sunk a few thousand hours into pCARS1 and 2 and made a good many friends, both from our league and within SMS themselves.

None of which would have been possible without Ian and the team creating WMD to build the first Project CARS game, so I am enormously grateful to Ian et al for that.

From the gist of Ian's tweet, it looks like he has achieved his aims. He has secured the future of his team and has most likely secured his own future too, so why not sit back now and enjoy the spoils of the hard work of the last 10 years.

Thank you Ian and may SMS continue to thrive under their new stewardship.

ps. If I have to have only one memory to take with me from the last 10 years, then it will be Jan Frischkorn's wife gloating to me at how her husband beat me in a karting race at Nürburgring (at the sim-racing expo). "It was very funny, ja!". Ja, it was very funny, looking back on it
    Last edited by cluck; 29-10-2021 at 11:30. Reason: oops, double-negative crept in!!!
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // NVidia 3060ti FE GPU // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Corsair RM850i 850W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Acer Predator X34P 34" IPS 3440x1440 100Hz //
    The following 8 users likes this Post: Asturbo, EmilGlockner, GTsimms, John Hargreaves, Konan, PostBox981, Ryzza5, Tank621

Platform
    PC
    I didn't always agree with Ian's thoughts or decisions, but I'm thankful for what he brought to sim racing. He challenged the norms and pushed things forward that forced others sim racing devs to up their game. Kudos!

Given his previous comments on what happened with the Shift series, I'm not surprised to see him step down with Codemasters being consumed by EA. I still hope there is a Project CARS 4, which includes Sebring now (Ian stated that he hated the track).
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 6 users likes this Post: cluck, EmilGlockner, GTsimms, John Hargreaves, Konan, Psychotik

Platform
    PC
    He's not dead though , who knows maybe once he gets bored with being a millionaire playboy he might have another cunning plan. Ready when you are boss, I've enjoyed the ride along with so many chums here, it's been a good story. Who knows, there may yet be unwritten chapters to discover.
    i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 4 users likes this Post: cluck, EmilGlockner, GTsimms, Konan

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Thank you so much for everything you have done for us. Wishing you the very best in your new adventures
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cluck, Konan

Platform
    PC
    Well that sucks. I hope 4 is mostly completed. No other sim racer manages to interest me, so I'm worried about the future.

Good luck, hope his new venture goes well!
    trans rights
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PC
    Well, I hate to see this! I have thoroughly enjoyed the Project CARS Series. They finally got the cars all handling very well out of the box with PC3. I think, they should have included a few things for the vitriol community.

We do know something are in the works and with the progression of the ME. Ian raised the bar for simulation standards to not have dry tracks act like heavy rain or ice conditions with tire slip angles. The road tires are an absolute blast compared to reality.

If, they are keeping the name as PC4. I hope they take a similar package of PC2 and implement the vehicle handling model from PC3.
    Last edited by GTsimms; 30-10-2021 at 02:20.
    PC Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    Samsung Odyssey G5 27"
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)

Primary Fanatec: CSW 2.5, V3 Pedals w/performance kit, R300 w/CSL hub & QR1, McLaren GT3 w/QR1, R330 w/Xbox hub & APMs and Formula V2 w/APMs, Handbrake v.1.5, ClubSport Shifter 1.5 and button caps
    Secondary Wheels: T300 w/T3PA Pro (Sparco Rally and F1), T150 (2x), CSR, & GT3 RS V2 w/CSR pedals

Other wheels used in the past Logitech G25, DFGT (3x), MOMO, and Driving Force (GT3 A-Spec).
    The following user likes this Post: Konan