Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank you for all you did Ian

Platform
    PC
    Thanks for starting all of this madness, Ian. And good luck for whatever you may plan to do in the future.
    [Specs | ASUS Z370-H | i7-8700K @ 3,7 GHz | BeQuiet PureRock 150W TDP| C:\Samsung NVMe SSD 250GB (960 series) | D:\Samsung SSD 500GB (860 Series) | F:\Samsung NVMe SSD 1TB (970 Evo M.2) |
    2x HyperX Fury 16GB RAM (2666MHz DDR4) | Win10x64Pro |Gigabyte GeForce GTX1070 Ti 8GB | Thermaltake SmartSE 630W PSU | Logitech G29 (+Logitech Gaming Software v.9)]
    [Settings | Tire model: default | Driving model: pro | Setup: default | Controller: wheel | Camera: in car | Driving Aids: authentic (Automatic Clutch: on)]

Project CARS LIMITED EDITION | Project CARS 2 COLLECTOR'S EDITION | Project CARS 3 DELUXE EDITION | crank it up a tad | Free umlauts for everyone: | One of the 5% |
    Proud Member of the Olympic Synchronized ALTWS*-Team *Accidentally Leaving the Track Wildly Spinning
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cluck, Konan

Platform
    PC
    Sad to hear but nothing last forever. That said, I hope Pcars will continue as a serie. If not than that is a pity but not the end of the world.
    I wish the Wookiee all the best with his new chosen path. Drink a beer on my account. Bottoms up Ian.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen: G-MASTER GB3467WQSU-B1 3440*1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: cluck, Konan, Tank621

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I am very grateful to Ian for saving simracing in the early 2000s. EA dropped ISI and Papyrus was closed. Ian stepped into the gap with the original GTR and followed up with GT Legends and GTR2 which remain my favourite sims of all time. I am sure that Simbin's licensing of the ISIMotor2 really helped ISI survive as an independent developer and the original Simbin went on to spawn the new Simbin, and Blimey Games which then became SMS when 10Tacle went bust.

Ian's ambition and drive were perhaps a mixed blessing. Great in taking a modding team to a class leading racing sim developer, and the Project Cars concept rescued a talented development team after EA dropped them, but the idea that SMS should take on Gran Turismo and Need for Speed head to head has led to his downfall. After the disasters of Fast & Furious Crossroads and PC3 it is surprising he didn't go sooner but it was hard to imagine a good relationship with EA given their past history.

So I wish him well and hope Codies recognise the talent in the SMS team, and make the most of it.
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Asturbo, Benjamin Benichou, cpcdem, Konan, Maskmagog, Olijke Poffer, roddypoddy

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    It is unlikely that we will soon find out the true reason for this act of Ian, but I think that there is also the reason that Bill Gates once said: "If you want to get a software product, first of all you should fire all super programmers except one." I hope that Ian will find a worthy application for his strength. And thanks for PCARS 1/2 and AMS2

Platform
    PC
    What does it mean for the future of simracing?

Mobo: Gibabyte Z690 UD AX - 16GB DDR5 Ram | CPU: Intel i5-12600K 4.9 GHz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 OS: Windows 11 64 bit | VR: Oculus Rift S | Displays: 40 inch Samsung TV | Optoma Full HD Projector with 80 inch Screen | Sound: Edifier S550 | Wheelbase: Fanatec CSW v2 | Wheels: BMW GT3 / F1 | Pedals: CSR elite | Shifter: CSS SQ V 1.5 EU | Rig: Rexroth frame on aluminium tear plate mounted on springs | Motion: 2 DOF SCN5 simulator | Tactile feedback: 2 ButtKicker BKA1000-N Amps with 2 big LFE's: Simvibe Extreme Tactile Audio: ButtKicker Mini LFE | FFB settings: Jack spade tweaker files

"when pCars gets in the blood, one must drive to live."

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I would imagine it doesn't change much,the team he worked with,and shared his visions with,are pretty much all still there...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough
    The following 3 users likes this Post: cluck, Robert, Tank621

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    No more cunning plans?

Other than that, who knows. If you've got somebody at the head of the team who has enough drive to push the genre forward then the future would still be just as exciting

EDIT: Ninja'd harder than a hardened ninja on a hard day in toughsville.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // NVidia 3060ti FE GPU // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Corsair RM850i 850W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Acer Predator X34P 34" IPS 3440x1440 100Hz //
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, Tank621

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Ian should phone up some of his old mates from the Reiza team, inject a ton of cash into Automobilista 2 and turn it into the best simracing game ever. Circle complete.
    i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    We all should appreciate what Ian did for simracing.
    But I can't imagine he's the guy that just takes the money and walkes away.
    Well, time will tell. Whatever he's up to, I hope he enjoys it.
    Ian and all the people behind him, thanks for plenty of fun.

Platform
    PC
    Looks like he's going back to one of his earlier lives

https://www.gtplanet.net/ian-bell-le...dios-20211029/

Quote Originally Posted by Bloke off of GT Planet
    According to his updated social media profiles, Bell will make a quite a left-field move, into the area of mental health. Stating that he is a British Psychological Society-registered psychologist, his new venture is aimed at providing therapy for those who cannot afford it.
    i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Konan, MrTulip, Olijke Poffer, Zaskarspants