Thread: ps4 pro overheating

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Question ps4 pro overheating

So ive had this ps4 pro for like 3 years and i never had any problems with overheating or performance. The fan is normally so quiet i dont even hear it. About 2 days ago, after i started playing rocket league ( a game i play all the time) the fan turned on and started a jet for like 5 seconds. It did this for like 2 mins where the fan came on loud then no noise. the next day the warning message came on saying ps4 is too hot. ive checked the fan and its good. there was little to no dust, ive rebuilt database still nothing. the ps4 is in the same place it has always been. i remember touching the ps4 before and it was way hotter than when it was overheating. can anyone tell me whats causing the overheating?

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Omarion8 View Post
    So ive had this ps4 pro for like 3 years and i never had any problems with overheating or performance. The fan is normally so quiet i dont even hear it. About 2 days ago, after i started playing rocket league ( a game i play all the time) the fan turned on and started a jet for like 5 seconds. It did this for like 2 mins where the fan came on loud then no noise. the next day the warning message came on saying ps4 is too hot. ive checked the fan and its good. there was little to no dust, ive rebuilt database still nothing. the ps4 is in the same place it has always been. i remember touching the ps4 before and it was way hotter than when it was overheating. can anyone tell me whats causing the overheating?
    Probably dust on the inside.
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough