Thread: Overall TT Le Mans record!?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Platform
    PC

Question Overall TT Le Mans record!?

Can someone please enlighten me on the fairly recent (2021-06-08) new overall TT record of 2:38.328 on the 24 Hours of Le Mans Circuit?

How is a default setup FA car able to get the fastest lap time ever ... even 15 seconds quicker than a FX car.
    Or is this just a bugged laptime?
    Or is there a new 3rd party software around, that will slowly drive the nicely grown leaderboard into a meaningless pile of questionable lap times?

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Ever since pCARS1 launched there have been bugged laptimes pop up on the leaderboards. Some were removed in the past, but unfortunately it's unlikely that will happen now. They can get there through a variety of mechanisms - bugged upload, hacks or PC timing problems (I know there was a problem with some AMD systems that could create some weirdness in timings, but that was more back in the pCARS1 days from memory)

The only thing you can do is try following the ghost to see if there is a very unnatural amount of speed. If there is then, chances are, one of the above scenarios has played out. Interesting though that the user has only set a time-trial time with that one combo, so it's either a hack - which was detected and resulted in a ban - or a PC that is creating weird timings.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i9-9900K w/Noctua NH-D15 Black cooler // MSI RTX 3080 Suprim X GPU // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Corsair RM850i 850W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Acer Predator X34P 34" IPS 3440x1440 100Hz //

Platform
    PC
    Thank you for your answer.
    It was just a question that I asked myself, because that time jumpes right at you by default, if you open the online leaderboard site "https pcars 13ms de"
    Hardware related ... ya, that could be the issue. It doesn't always have to be purposely altered .. didn't thought about that.

Platform
    PC
    Oh well ... I've just discovered that there is a new overall Le Mans leader (Formular X)
    ... on the default car setup
    ... playing on a keyboard
    ... being 34 seconds faster than the second fastest entry in Formlar X.