Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ian still has a cunning plan...

Platform
    PC
    Not sure whether this has just gone unnoticed but there was some 'interaction' on Twitter it seems.

https://traxion.gg/project-cars-4-co...to-former-ceo/

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough
    The following user likes this Post: ricxx

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    ...and then he goes on to tweet about rf2 physics (so that's the best in the genre, not Madness?) and big dreams etc etc. I think it's the same old story, stir things up, speak big words and create hype. But at the end, unfortunately the result is a totally different story recently, think MadBox, Fast&Furious, PCARS3... Maybe it would be better after all this recent history to switch into saying less and delivering more at the end, but I know this is not how it works...

Platform
    PC
    Ian is the software industry's equivalent to PT Barnum. I don't mean that in a bad way. He wants to entice people to interact whether it's for positive messages or negative. What the old saying, there is no such thing as bad publicity...

However, I don't think sim makers are looking at the genre properly and focusing on addressing gaps rather than just throwing more of the same out there in hopes to steal users from established sim racing titles. For example, NASCAR sim genre has been in need of a 'good' title for years. I was hoping PC2 was going to be able to provide that but lack of AI drafting and AI strategies made that not become a possibility. That recent NASCAR title using the rF2 engine received terrible reviews. I do get it that GT3/GT4 is where the players are at today, but flooding a small market like sim racing with similar titles isn't the solution.

Looking for someone to bring something new to the table. Where are the West Brothers when you need them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scd0BzegqF8

For those that don't know, the West Bros were set to make a racing title using less modern cars. It was titled World Sports Cars (WSC). For the time period, they showed some of the most advanced suspension physics in a home computing racing title. Unfortunately, it never materialized.

Funny story. I was part of the 3dfx forum back in the days of their last generated video cars before they went belly up. Someone came on the 3dfx forum and asked 3dfx owners to try out a demo to make sure it worked with the various 3dfx supported modes. This was before I was into racing sims so I didn't have a wheel. I will swear that it was a 1 track, 1 car demo of WSC. My wife saw a photo of the racing Lotus Esprit and said "Don't you have that game? I saw you trying to play it". I don't recall the track, but the demo car was the Lotus Esprit that the West Bros showed many screenshots of... Of course, no one believed me.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 4 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, Konan, MrTulip, Zulu

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Ian is the software industry's equivalent to PT Barnum. I don't mean that in a bad way. He wants to entice people to interact whether it's for positive messages or negative. What the old saying, there is no such thing as bad publicity...
    I know, that's why I said this is how it works for him. But after all those massive recent fails, I think maybe it would be wise even for him to take a slightly more low profile style this time. On the other hand, I can agree to that it's better to fail while keep using your own personal style, rather than using somebody else's... But then again it's mainly the people that fail together with you on your mega plans that have the real problem, because for them a lack of income WILL make a big difference...
    The following user likes this Post: Mahjik

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post

For those that don't know, the West Bros were set to make a racing title using less modern cars. It was titled World Sports Cars (WSC). For the time period, they showed some of the most advanced suspension physics in a home computing racing title. Unfortunately, it never materialized.
    I don't think I've ever been as impressed as the day I first got a look at Racing Legends

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	West Racing Legends.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	290407

I'm still hopeful for a release
    i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Konan, Mahjik, Olijke Poffer, Zulu

Platform
    PC
    Yea, that was another disappointment.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips