Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is the game so frustrating?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Why is the game so frustrating?

Hey there,

I'm new to the forum and started the game a couple of days ago. I thought the negative ratings are just because the game is now more arcade than simulation, but i never thought i would come to a point where i have the urge to complain about something.

What in the holy name of Jesus were the devs thinking when they set the times for the challenges? I'm an average gamer 40h/week job, how the hell am i suppose to complete them? Having them in the game is one thing, but making them necessary to complete some of the content? I even watched videos of guides etc, but i cant get near the needed times. (Example referring to the Legends dlc Silverstone Stowe and Down The Hatch for e.g.)

At this point I'm about giving up and uninstalling and never buy a game from them again. Or has anybody heard something form the devs about it? or is it ignored? Am I the only one how is not able to do it?

I would really love some answers if somebody has them.

Cheers, Ace

Platform
    PC
    You don't "have to" complete them. The game allows you to unlock future challenges with credits so no you don't have to master every single challenge in Career mode.

If you aren't aware of ways to get XP/credits:

https://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...nd-Money-(FAQ)
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks for your answer, but this wasn't was i meant with that. I'm aware that you can unlock them with credits.

I was referring to the connected achievements were you have to complete everything in the dlc packs. Thats why i put the example in the first post. And in that case, you have to get everything or did i misunderstood that?
    I dont know why it has to be so hard that a "normal" gamer can't achieve it. If the goal was to frustrate, target hit. I'm done, i have better things to do and better ways to spend my money in the future.

Thanks, Cheers

Platform
    PC
    The goal was to offer a challenge for those who are also accomplished sim racers. While this "appears" to be a title for causal racers, it's really not. So yes, if you don't embrace and learn concepts of sim racing, the achievements will not be easy. This is not a title for just basic achievement hunters.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Wait what? "Sim racers" in an arcade racer and you expect a pleasing game experience? I have successfully completed (and enjoyed) pc 1&2 and this was what i needed to know on how much bs can be done. Like i said, game is uninstalled and i'm done, i will never touch a game form this series again. Cheers

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Here's a tip i got from the Devs:

"We like to use RX-7 R2, plenty of handling upgrades as it's a tight technical track. So tyres, brakes etc."

But it'll still be quite the challenge...

Like i said, game is uninstalled and i'm done, i will never touch a game form this series again. Cheers
    ...but i guess it's too late now.
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace119rx View Post
    Wait what? "Sim racers" in an arcade racer and you expect a pleasing game experience? I have successfully completed (and enjoyed) pc 1&2 and this was what i needed to know on how much bs can be done. Like i said, game is uninstalled and i'm done, i will never touch a game form this series again. Cheers
    Kinda of a catch 22 for the dev team. If the achievements are so easy than anyone can pick up and get them without any effort, folks would have been complaining. Make them harder so people have to earn them, people complain.

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 3 users likes this Post: cluck, Konan, Mad Al

Platform
    PC
    I've completed the game on PC and PS4. It's quite the challenge and not as arcade as a lot remaining in ignorance about vehicle handling keep having to bring up. It's still a simulation.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210418_173452.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	189.1 KB 
ID:	288795

He wasn't lying and unfortunately a lot in the sim community don't want realistic. They want it's way harder than real life for egos.
    Last edited by GTsimms; 30-01-2022 at 05:40.
    PC Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    Samsung Odyssey G5 27"
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)

Primary Fanatec: CSW 2.5, V3 Pedals w/performance kit, R300 w/CSL hub & QR1, McLaren GT3 w/QR1, R330 w/Xbox hub & APMs and Formula V2 w/APMs, Handbrake v.1.5, ClubSport Shifter 1.5 and button caps
    Secondary Wheels: T300 w/T3PA Pro (Sparco Rally and F1), T150 (2x), CSR, & GT3 RS V2 w/CSR pedals

Other wheels used in the past Logitech G25, DFGT (3x), MOMO, and Driving Force (GT3 A-Spec).

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    So did the whole world go into full stupidity mode and disliked the game with more than 50% giving negative reviews on steam and less than 20% the player base of PCARS2? So many people cannot have an opinion of their own to see how good the game is and instead got to believe what the bad influences told them to? OK, fair enough, I will buy the game today to see for myself then, maybe I will indeed get positively surprised.
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    So did the whole world go into full stupidity mode and disliked the game with more than 50% giving negative reviews on steam and less than 20% the player base of PCARS2? So many people cannot have an opinion of their own to see how good the game is and instead got to believe what the bad influences told them to? OK, fair enough, I will buy the game today to see for myself then, maybe I will indeed get positively surprised.
    You have to remember a lot of these reviewers don't spend nearly everyday of thier lives in vehicles for hours upon hours. Some may not even have a driver's license.

Even some of the reviewers leaving comments on videos, they want what they want and not as close to reality as possible.
    Last edited by GTsimms; 30-01-2022 at 09:32.
    PC Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    Samsung Odyssey G5 27"
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)

Primary Fanatec: CSW 2.5, V3 Pedals w/performance kit, R300 w/CSL hub & QR1, McLaren GT3 w/QR1, R330 w/Xbox hub & APMs and Formula V2 w/APMs, Handbrake v.1.5, ClubSport Shifter 1.5 and button caps
    Secondary Wheels: T300 w/T3PA Pro (Sparco Rally and F1), T150 (2x), CSR, & GT3 RS V2 w/CSR pedals

Other wheels used in the past Logitech G25, DFGT (3x), MOMO, and Driving Force (GT3 A-Spec).