Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Why is the game so frustrating?

Platform
    PC
    Ian was pretty positive about what Reiza have done with the madness engine and the seta tyre model in his recent interview with Austin Ogonoski. AMS2 couldn't have done it without SMS/WMD though, and the world is definitely a better place with AMS2 in it.
    i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Konan, Olijke Poffer, SlowBloke

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Indeed, from what i've heard,they are doing it on their own now.
    SMS helped them out for a while,which is understandable imo.
    So Indeed, they are optimally using the Madness engine.
    But it's not as if SMS didn't know how to do the same (for various reasons).
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Well,as i said numerous times before,the publisher has a lot to say in development of a game.
    AMS2 started off with the help of SMS, it's not that they don't know what they're doing...
    I never said they do/did not know what they are doing! On the contrary...
    Anyway, absolutely agreed, SMS creating and licensing the Madness engine to Reiza was probably the best thing that has ever happen to sim racing!
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I was referring to this:

If you want a sim that PC/PC2 should have been then get Automobilista 2. The devs for that sim took PC and made it how SMS should have made it in the first place.
    But quoted your "igniting the discussion" because it seems to be the general consensus that SMS didn't WANT to create what AMS2 supposedly does better...
    Last edited by Konan; 17-02-2022 at 21:11.
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    I was referring to this:

But quoted your "igniting the discussion" because it seems to be the general consensus that SMS didn't WANT to create what AMS2 supposedly does better...
    Are you referring to PCARS2 or PCARS3? I don't know about PCARS2, but PCARS3 was exactly what they intended to create, wasn't it? Even for pitstops, Nathan had said that they gave it a try and realized the game is so much better without them, so they gladly removed them completely. Wasn't he saying the truth? He also said that they created a game with even more sim value than before, and we got GT3 or even regular road cars that even with ABS disabled had better braking capabilities than modern F1 cars, even games like Grid are way more realistic than PCARS3 in that regard... I can absolutely believe that a lot of developers inside SMS did not like this physics dumping down direction, but not that the head of the studio wanted to create something else but the publisher forced them to do what they did...

But even for PCARS2, I don't think it was the publisher's fault for having curbs of death, a penalty system that all that did was causing frustration, bad FFB on lower level wheels, and so many other design problems/intended behaviors that do not exist in AMS2 (and fortunately were at least addressed in PCARS3 as well) which uses the same engine. Not talking about the plethora of bugs, those can be blamed on the publisher for not giving SMS enough time to fix them (although we were supposed from the beginning to get a full one year "support" period, wasn't that the agreement?).

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Wow, bots use "self" pics now as well! If their creators had some humor, they should had been using pics of robots though...
    The following 2 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, Olijke Poffer