Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is the game so frustrating?

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    So did the whole world go into full stupidity mode and disliked the game with more than 50% giving negative reviews on steam and less than 20% the player base of PCARS2? So many people cannot have an opinion of their own to see how good the game is and instead got to believe what the bad influences told them to? OK, fair enough, I will buy the game today to see for myself then, maybe I will indeed get positively surprised.
    This is a case of "what goes for you might not go for everyone".
    There have been many people who were pleasantly surprised when they did buy the game (usually when it's on sale) and admitted they were influenced by bad (YouTube) reviews.
    Now of course not everyone who doesn't like the game have been lead that way, it's known that most of the sim community didn't like it for reasons already explained.
    But reviewers have more influence than some people might think...
    Last edited by Konan; 30-01-2022 at 09:47.
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    This is a case of "what goes for you might not go for everyone".
    There have been many people who were pleasantly surprised when they did buy the game (usually when it's on sale) and admitted they were influenced by bad (YouTube) reviews.
    Now of course not everyone who doesn't like the game have been lead that way, it's known that most of the sim community didn't like it for reasons already explained.
    But reviewers have more influence than some people might think...

You concur that the reasons already explained are "a lot in the sim community don't want realistic. They want it's way harder than real life for egos." ? OK, I do not want harder than life, I want realistic, I am not looking into boosting my ego and I have driven cars IRL for a few hundred thousand kilometers, so bought the game to see if that's indeed a great sim for me. Maybe it will actually be after all (although I would still find it very disappointing that it doesn't have time trial), still a few hours to download it, will know by tonight.

Platform
    PC
    Of the things that are disappointing about PC3, for me the handling (apart from the overly powerful braking) is not really one of them. That bit is fine to me, but there are things I find frustrating about it that are designed into the game at a deep level.
    i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, r_outsider

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    You concur that the reasons already explained are "a lot in the sim community don't want realistic. They want it's way harder than real life for egos." ?
    What i meant was, (most of) the sim community wants pitstops,tyrewear and fuel consumption.
    Which in itself is ok,if it weren't for the fact that the sim community itself shot it down for said reasons without trying it.
    That's a biased opinion,based on what they didn't get...

DIY rig walk-through :

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    What i meant was, (most of) the sim community wants pitstops,tyrewear and fuel consumption.
    Which in itself is ok,if it weren't for the fact that the sim community itself shot it down for said reasons without trying it.
    That's a biased opinion,based on what they didn't get...
    That's not what I hear from most people in sim racing clubs, while the above are indeed very disappointing omissions, most people (that I know of) say that also the driving itself is bad. Possibly they are like me and haven't actually tried the game themselves (or not for enough time) and only rely on other people's reports, I will know if that's the case tonight. Currently at 21/37 GB download of the deluxe version

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Tip: try sticking it out until the races become challenging.
    Really push the cars...
    Last edited by Konan; 30-01-2022 at 13:52.

DIY rig walk-through :

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    Of the things that are disappointing about PC3, for me the handling (apart from the overly powerful braking) is not really one of them. That bit is fine to me, but there are things I find frustrating about it that are designed into the game at a deep level.
    The handling is not much different than AC or AMS2. The brakes are nearly the same as AC using the same road vehicles. PC3 does the road vehicles well.

cpcdem There are guys like in video below, who like PC3. Warning PC3 so called "Arcade" brakes below.

PC Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    Samsung Odyssey G5 27"
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)

Primary Fanatec: CSW 2.5, V3 Pedals w/performance kit, R300 w/CSL hub & QR1, McLaren GT3 w/QR1, R330 w/Xbox hub & APMs and Formula V2 w/APMs, Handbrake v.1.5, ClubSport Shifter 1.5 and button caps
    Secondary Wheels: T300 w/T3PA Pro (Sparco Rally and F1), T150 (2x), CSR, & GT3 RS V2 w/CSR pedals

Other wheels used in the past Logitech G25, DFGT (3x), MOMO, and Driving Force (GT3 A-Spec).

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GTsimms View Post
    The handling is not much different than AC or AMS2. The brakes are nearly the same as AC using the same road vehicles. PC3 does the road vehicles well.
    I'm judging my brakes comment based on comparisons between the same (race) cars in PC3 vs PC2/AMS2 etc as I don't tend to drive the street cars that much, I'll give them more of a try, but the GT4-GT3 style cars in PC3 have F1 levels of braking power compared to PC2. Now I know that PC2 was spot on because during WMD I measured braking points standing at the side of the track at Donington watching the British GT, and they were identical to the points you had to use in PC2. In PC3 you have at least another 50yds in those cars, and if you use the familiar braking points from real life or the other sims, you are at a standstill way before the corner. Now there may be some kind of super soft tyres being modelled and a state of optimum brake conditions being modelled perhaps, but there is a measurable difference. Maybe the street cars are closer, I'll have to check them out.
    In terms of the actual handling while in motion I think PC3 feels fine, there is a credible sense of rubber tyres moving under you rather than a feeling of looking up values in an excel spreadsheet very quickly, which I get from some 'sims'.
    i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following user likes this Post: kingsti

Platform
    PS5
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    I'm judging my brakes comment based on comparisons between the same (race) cars in PC3 vs PC2/AMS2 etc as I don't tend to drive the street cars that much, I'll give them more of a try, but the GT4-GT3 style cars in PC3 have F1 levels of braking power compared to PC2. Now I know that PC2 was spot on because during WMD I measured braking points standing at the side of the track at Donington watching the British GT, and they were identical to the points you had to use in PC2. In PC3 you have at least another 50yds in those cars, and if you use the familiar braking points from real life or the other sims, you are at a standstill way before the corner. Now there may be some kind of super soft tyres being modelled and a state of optimum brake conditions being modelled perhaps, but there is a measurable difference. Maybe the street cars are closer, I'll have to check them out.
    In terms of the actual handling while in motion I think PC3 feels fine, there is a credible sense of rubber tyres moving under you rather than a feeling of looking up values in an excel spreadsheet very quickly, which I get from some 'sims'.
    I think you've pretty much hit the nail on the head there.. pC3 uses very soft and wide tyres as standard... with optimum tyre temps/brake temps etc also in the mix and you can brake very late compared to sims with fully modelled brake conditions and different tyre choices.

Ian Bell stated in his recent interview that soft tyre compounds have been used before as a choice in the direction of feel/gameplay with one of his titles, so I would not be at all surprised if this is again the case with pC3.

There are plenty of things wrong with this game (poor gameplay choices etc) but the physics are certainly not one of them. As a 'sim-lite' title it is a fantastic achievement concerning the feel/behaviour of the cars and the FFB.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec DD Pro/ClubSport F1 2018 LE Rim + Podium APM/ClubSport V3 Pedals + Brake Performance Kit - PS5 Digital - Saor Alba
    The following 2 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, Konan

Platform
    PC
    I've just had a bash with a few of the road cars and they do feel very good actually, and the braking points felt more realistic. Something else to explore, good tip GTSimms

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 2 users likes this Post: GTsimms, Konan