Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is the game so frustrating?

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    I've just had a bash with a few of the road cars and they do feel very good actually, and the braking points felt more realistic. Something else to explore, good tip GTSimms
    Indeed, most people don't know how the game opens up the further you go.
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    I've just had a bash with a few of the road cars and they do feel very good actually, and the braking points felt more realistic. Something else to explore, good tip GTSimms
    Where, I really understood how good it was with the road vehicles. It was in the rain at Nurburgring. I was really surprised at how well you can tell what the tires are doing by holding drifts. I was not getting into uncontrollable spins. The behavior is very close to what you get in a real vehicle.

Road C is where the game opens up.
    PC Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    Samsung Odyssey G5 27"
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)

Primary Fanatec: CSW 2.5, V3 Pedals w/performance kit, R300 w/CSL hub & QR1, McLaren GT3 w/QR1, R330 w/Xbox hub & APMs and Formula V2 w/APMs, Handbrake v.1.5, ClubSport Shifter 1.5 and button caps
    Secondary Wheels: T300 w/T3PA Pro (Sparco Rally and F1), T150 (2x), CSR, & GT3 RS V2 w/CSR pedals

Other wheels used in the past Logitech G25, DFGT (3x), MOMO, and Driving Force (GT3 A-Spec).

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GTsimms View Post
    Where, I really understood how good it was with the road vehicles. It was in the rain at Nurburgring. I was really surprised at how well you can tell what the tires are doing by holding drifts. I was not getting into uncontrollable spins. The behavior is very close to what you get in a real vehicle.

Road C is where the game opens up.
    I noticed you bought PC3 today? I fired it up since a long time and I enjoyed it big time. Even on a single screen. Triples is a no go with PC3. So I use the roof cam instead of the cockpit cam. I can’t get used to cockpit cam with a single screen.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen: G-MASTER GB3467WQSU-B1 3440*1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    I noticed you bought PC3 today? I fired it up since a long time and I enjoyed it big time. Even on a single screen. Triples is a no go with PC3. So I use the roof cam instead of the cockpit cam. I can’t get used to cockpit cam with a single screen.
    The game does have issues that still needed further improvements, but the road vehicle physics are really a lot of fun.
    PC Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)
    Samsung Odyssey G5 27"

Primary Fanatec: CSW 2.5, V3 Pedals w/performance kit, R300 w/CSL hub & QR1, McLaren GT3 w/QR1, R330 w/Xbox hub & APMs and Formula V2 w/APMs, Handbrake v.1.5, ClubSport Shifter 1.5 and button caps
    Secondary Wheels: T300 w/T3PA Pro (Sparco Rally and F1), T150 (2x), CSR, & GT3 RS V2 w/CSR pedals

Other wheels used in the past Logitech G25, DFGT (3x), MOMO, and Driving Force (GT3 A-Spec).
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Olijke Poffer, Sum Dixon-Ear

Platform
    PS5
    Quote Originally Posted by GTsimms View Post
    The game does have issues that still needed further improvements, but the road vehicle physics are really a lot of fun.
    I think pC3 is the first game that actually captures what road cars are about tbh. In every other game I've played the hypercars, exotics and supercars have just felt like high powered buses, the handling has been awful. If real exotics etc handled like that nobody would ever buy them. In pC3 they finally come alive.. after playing I can finally understand why they are so desirable.. and so damned expensive. They are a joy to behold.. and thrash.. haha.
    Last edited by Sum Dixon-Ear; 30-01-2022 at 22:29.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec DD Pro/ClubSport F1 2018 LE Rim + Podium APM/ClubSport V3 Pedals + Brake Performance Kit - PS5 Digital - Saor Alba
    The following 2 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    That's not what I hear from most people in sim racing clubs, while the above are indeed very disappointing omissions, most people (that I know of) say that also the driving itself is bad. Possibly they are like me and haven't actually tried the game themselves (or not for enough time) and only rely on other people's reports, I will know if that's the case tonight. Currently at 21/37 GB download of the deluxe version
    I'd be interested in your experience. I've not bought PC3 myself for the same reasons as yourself and many other people. It would be interesting to hear what you think as you seem to be very objective.
    Now:
    CPU - Intel i7-4770K @ 4GHz: PALIT GeForce RTX2080TI GamingPro OC 11GB DDR6 : Motherboard - Gigabyte GA Z87X-OC :
    Memory - 16GB- DDR3 : OS Windows 8.1 64 bit : Screen - Philips 43" 4K BDM4350UC monitor @ Resolution 3840x2160 : VR - Valve Index : Wheel - Logitech G27 : Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsti View Post
    I'd be interested in your experience. I've not bought PC3 myself for the same reasons as yourself and many other people. It would be interesting to hear what you think as you seem to be very objective.
    You may regret that last comment, but thanks

So, after a couple hours playing, I can say that it's totally beyond me how anyone could even consider calling this game a sim, but for an arcade/simcade racer in the style of Need for Speed/Grid, this is actually very good, I'm very pleasantly surprised! Content is great as we know, car handling is fun, gfx is very good, presentation is great (except for the music which I can't stand) and my biggest surprise is the career, it's actually quite engaging (nothing like the nonsense of Grid 2019), makes you just wanna do the next race, next event etc, there's a good variation in event types and the very short race durations actually do make sense in this context!

I think this game deserved A LOT more sales than it did, and it's a pity that it didn't get it, but IMO it was just marketed in the completely wrong way. If it was advertised to be what it really is, I think a lot of people would had bought it and enjoyed it. You can see how many people are anxiously waiting for a new finally good again Grid game since 2014/15, and PCARS3 should had easily filled that void.

I am sure I will be doing some more career from time to time, and that's coming from someone who didn't even touch the career of PCARS1/2, because I don't enjoy racing against the AI. But in PCARS3, there's that direct sense of achievement that does make me want to continue it. And I really like the new city tracks/circuits, they are very well done! I seem to be missing something fundamental though, to those of you that have done the career, I have finished the "Road E basics" and "Japanese roots" set of events and want to continue to the "Road E specials", but those require different cars (like the Ford Mustang) than the one I already have. How can I buy those new cars? I searched through all the menus (including the "Garage") several times but still can't find a way. In custom events that's no issue, I can easily "Loan" cars, but I see no way to do this in career...

Edit: Ahhh, found it, you need to go to the "Showroom" in order to purchase it. That wasn't very clear, but anyway it works, off to the new event!
    Last edited by cpcdem; 30-01-2022 at 23:02.

Platform
    PC
    Thanks for a great review, I have a very good picture of what this game is like now. I'm more on the SIM side of racers, so I probably won't go for it just yet. It sounds like it does have something good to offer though, so I will keep it in the back pocket.
    Now:
    CPU - Intel i7-4770K @ 4GHz: PALIT GeForce RTX2080TI GamingPro OC 11GB DDR6 : Motherboard - Gigabyte GA Z87X-OC :
    Memory - 16GB- DDR3 : OS Windows 8.1 64 bit : Screen - Philips 43" 4K BDM4350UC monitor @ Resolution 3840x2160 : VR - Valve Index : Wheel - Logitech G27 : Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsti View Post
    Thanks for a great review, I have a very good picture of what this game is like now. I'm more on the SIM side of racers, so I probably won't go for it just yet. It sounds like it does have something good to offer though, so I will keep it in the back pocket.
    Personally, I would check Post number 20
    Samsung Odyssey G5 27"

Platform
    PS5
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    ... I can say that it's totally beyond me how anyone could even consider calling this game a sim...
    I would be very interested to hear your objective reasons as to why pC3 should in no way be considered a simulator.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec DD Pro/ClubSport F1 2018 LE Rim + Podium APM/ClubSport V3 Pedals + Brake Performance Kit - PS5 Digital - Saor Alba
    The following 2 users likes this Post: GTsimms, Olijke Poffer