Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: The Steam Deck Thread

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    You don't need to install Windows to play it:

https://www.protondb.com/app/1599660
    Thanks.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen: G-MASTER GB3467WQSU-B1 3440*1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Platform
    PC
    Some fun racing titles for the Steam Deck on sale right now:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...Rally_Origins/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...uper_Woden_GP/

There is also this one:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/5..._Pixel_Racers/

I didn't personally care for it, but I'll give it another try again later...
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

The Netherlands, close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Got my GF a 64GB one

....and installed a 30mm 1TB NVMe (Kioxia)the week it arrived. Was already on order, but the Deck arrived earlier than expected. Good thing too, because the first game she wanted to install didn't fit. Nice machine, and she's happy with it.
    "What we tweeted was a factual description of events. No need to speculate on this"
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, 3090 iChill x4, 3900X, Samsung 49" G9/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

/// MaximusDoriftus(Steam)
    The following user likes this Post: Mahjik

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    Got my GF a 64GB one

....and installed a 30mm 1TB NVMe (Kioxia)the week it arrived. Was already on order, but the Deck arrived earlier than expected. Good thing too, because the first game she wanted to install didn't fit. Nice machine, and she's happy with it.
    What types of games does she play on it?

Mine is now my primary gaming device. My desktop setup is now a permanent sim racing setup. I don't play anything on it except for sim racing titles (which I don't do a lot of these days).
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

The Netherlands, close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    What types of games does she play on it?

Mine is now my primary gaming device. My desktop setup is now a permanent sim racing setup. I don't play anything on it except for sim racing titles (which I don't do a lot of these days).
    RPG's would describe the genre best I think. Dragon's Dogma (I think) and Monster Hunter World(which I have too). But we might pick up Valheim again or Conan Exiles. She used my second PC for that previously(using her account). We could even continue using that because Steam Streaming(and it's still a lot more capable than a Steam Deck ).
    "What we tweeted was a factual description of events. No need to speculate on this"
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, 3090 iChill x4, 3900X, Samsung 49" G9/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

/// MaximusDoriftus(Steam)

Platform
    PC
    RPG's would describe the genre best I think. Dragon's Dogma (I think) and Monster Hunter World(which I have too). But we might pick up Valheim again or Conan Exiles. She used my second PC for that previously(using her account). We could even continue using that because Steam Streaming(and it's still a lot more capable than a Steam Deck ).
    Indeed, having fun with RDR2 atm. Bought portal2 on sale for €0.57. Also fun. Really love my Steam Deck.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen: G-MASTER GB3467WQSU-B1 3440*1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

Platform
    PC
    RPG's would describe the genre best I think. Dragon's Dogma (I think) and Monster Hunter World(which I have too). But we might pick up Valheim again or Conan Exiles. She used my second PC for that previously(using her account).
    I've been trying to get into RPG/JRPG's as they look cool. I just don't have the time to dig into them so I lose interest after I play about an hour.

We could even continue using that because Steam Streaming(and it's still a lot more capable than a Steam Deck ).
    Yes, the Deck is not the most powerful thing out there. It more comes down if the individual prefers the versatile usage of where they can game verses high end graphics and performance. For me, I've gamed too long sitting at a computer deck. While laptops offer a bit more mobility than a desktop, you still have to deal with where it sits, connecting a gamepad, etc... I love the fact that I can lounge in a recliner or in bed and play a game or two on the Deck. For me, that versatility trumps performance.

I'm hoping in the future we'll see Valve create Steam Deck branches where we don't need to download 4K textures for games that it will never use.

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    Been working my way through a few rally titles on my deck recently. I'm finding that I don't quite have the fine control needed to get the best out of Dirt Rally, but the more arcadey ones seem to work best. Dirt 4 and 5 are both a lot of fun, and V-Rally 4 works well. The more recent WRC games are great with a pad on PS5, but WRC9/10/Generations don't support the Steam deck controls for some reason, so you have to remap them as keyboard commands, which gives digital all or nothing inputs and it's not much fun. WRC 8 works with the analogue controls and is pretty good on the deck. I wouldn't bother with any of the previous WRC titles, there's a reason why they sell for less than £2 in the sale.
    There's one title called Drag, in permanent early access that is promising but not worth the bother in its current state, very unconvincing physics. Couldn't get on with Art of Rally, it just never felt very intuitive to drive.
    Top 3 Deck Rally titles for me: Dirt 4 or 5, WRC 8.
    i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    Been working my way through a few rally titles on my deck recently. I'm finding that I don't quite have the fine control needed to get the best out of Dirt Rally, but the more arcadey ones seem to work best. Dirt 4 and 5 are both a lot of fun, and V-Rally 4 works well. The more recent WRC games are great with a pad on PS5, but WRC9/10/Generations don't support the Steam deck controls for some reason, so you have to remap them as keyboard commands, which gives digital all or nothing inputs and it's not much fun. WRC 8 works with the analogue controls and is pretty good on the deck. I wouldn't bother with any of the previous WRC titles, there's a reason why they sell for less than £2 in the sale.
    There's one title called Drag, in permanent early access that is promising but not worth the bother in its current state, very unconvincing physics. Couldn't get on with Art of Rally, it just never felt very intuitive to drive.
    Top 3 Deck Rally titles for me: Dirt 4 or 5, WRC 8.
    I can't really get into the non-arcade racers on the Deck. It just doesn't feel right so I mainly stick with the top down racers. I am "trying" with Grid Autosport. I picked it as it's install size was pretty small, comparatively speaking. It's okay for some circuit racing but it just doesn't pull me in and make me want to keep playing more than the top down racers on the Deck.

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

Platform
    PC
    I enjoy Project CARS 2 and AMS2, but otherwise I tend to agree, the more arcadey games work much better. One of the most enjoyable racers for me has been Grid Legends, which I never would have enjoyed on my wheel/PC setup.
    i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer