Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Steam Deck Thread

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    I don't remember if PCars 3 has the same settings as 2 in this aspect, but you could set FOV per camera in 2. FOV was pretty high for some camera's if I remember correctly. That way you don't have to do it every time using CTRL+K.
    I do not see an option to set this per cam. Really annoying.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen: G-MASTER GB3467WQSU-B1 3440*1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Platform
    PC
    PC3 only has fov movement in cockpit and helmet cam, I'll check on mine about the bonnet cam - which car, or is it all of them?
    i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    PC3 only has fov movement in cockpit and helmet cam, I'll check on mine about the bonnet cam - which car, or is it all of them?
    It is with all cars. But only with 3 cams. Roof or bonnet, 1 chase cam and the bumper/hood cam. On the pc it was since I installed it. Perhaps has the steam deck used a profile from the PC. Was mentioned on Discord..
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen: G-MASTER GB3467WQSU-B1 3440*1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

Platform
    PC
    I had a look and my bonnet/roof cams are as you'd expect, not like your screenshots, so something looks off. You can plug in a USB C keyboard and ctrl-k works ok just like on PC, but it doesn't remember the settings so you have to adjust every time. I can't find any way to adjust fov outside the cockpit/helmet cam though.
    One thing I've found with PC2/3 is that if you play offline away from wifi, you start a new blank game and any saves are all gone, like doing a profile delete, so that might reset everything.
    Best driving view I've found in PC3 is using roof cam and then ctrl-k to put the view back inside the cockpit. This gets rid of the silly overdone g-force effect that you otherwise can't turn off. PC3 could have been such a good game but they got rid of so many options that it's too frustrating to me, such a shame.
    i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11 64bit/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/HP Reverb G2/Fanatec CSL wheel + Clubsport V3 pedals/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    I had a look and my bonnet/roof cams are as you'd expect, not like your screenshots, so something looks off. You can plug in a USB C keyboard and ctrl-k works ok just like on PC, but it doesn't remember the settings so you have to adjust every time. I can't find any way to adjust fov outside the cockpit/helmet cam though.
    One thing I've found with PC2/3 is that if you play offline away from wifi, you start a new blank game and any saves are all gone, like doing a profile delete, so that might reset everything.
    Best driving view I've found in PC3 is using roof cam and then ctrl-k to put the view back inside the cockpit. This gets rid of the silly overdone g-force effect that you otherwise can't turn off. PC3 could have been such a good game but they got rid of so many options that it's too frustrating to me, such a shame.
    Ah well will try this. I prefer not to attach a keyboard to my steam deck. On my pc I have to use this CTRL+K indeed. I have now deleted the game from steam deck. Will install it again and before installing I will turn of cloud sync. This must set a clean install without old data from my pc cloud safe. Fingers frossed

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    Ah well will try this. I prefer not to attach a keyboard to my steam deck.
    I would have done it with the on-screen KB but I don't think it has a ctrl key. Once you've adjusted it in game you can unplug the USB one again.

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Platform
    PC
    I would have done it with the on-screen KB but I don't think it has a ctrl key. Once you've adjusted it in game you can unplug the USB one again.
    yeah perhaps. :-)
    I've deleted all the files from steam, on my HDD etc. Removed Pcars3 from steam on my PC and Steam Deck. I'm downloading the game again. I've turned off cloud save/load so i must be a complete clean install now. fingers crossed.

Platform
    PC

Well, you won’t believe it. After 3 days of removing installing removing etc. I apparently managed to remove all the files and setting from my PC. Today I downloaded the games again. Installed it and finally I got a fresh game. And more important the strange FOV cams are fixed now. So I turned on the cloud sync again. Now I have to reinstall it on the steamdeck and I hope I see the same results as with the PC version. Fingers crossed.
    This is the first time since I bought the game that I have a normal roof cam with a normal FOV.
    Fingers crossed for the steam deck version.

Platform
    PC
    PC3 has some great qualities that suit the Steam Deck I think - the gamepad control is good and the super power brakes help to get you out of a pickle. I just wish they hadn't got rid of all the choices we had in the previous two regarding things like FOV and camera movement. The game just kind of says 'this is how it is get over it', but when you know of all the possibilities that lie under the surface regarding customisation it's a bit unsatisfying.

Even the graphics, which to be honest look pretty ropey on my PC, on that small lower res screen look good. My preference is just to hot lap alone on track (or at least ignore the other car seeing as 1 is the minimum number of AI, who aren't very realistic anyway) and enjoy the driving. The underlying physics feel right even though you might have layers of assistance over the top of it, but the Deck pad controls hamper my fine control anyway, so it's like GT7 in that respect, physics feel decent enough with a pad even though not so satisfying with a full wheel and pedals.

On the Deck you could try the trick with roof cam, ctrl-k and drop the view down into the cockpit. Then there's no exaggerated g-force on the camera. It's a bit of a faff but my favourite way to play currently. The Lotus Exige cup car at Jerez is a nice combination not available in previous versions.

edit: Also, I've just installed Dirt Rally and that works very well on the Deck.

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Well on the steam deck it still has the strange cam FOV. on the Steam deck there must be local games settings left after removing the game. On my steam deck after a clean install of Pcars3 I still have the old game data. It does not start with a fresh game.
    On my Pc it all works now but on the steam deck still not. Even when I turn on the cloud sync. Now the shit hits the fan. LoL.