Thread: Absurd penalty!!

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Question Absurd penalty!!

Hello everyone! I've been playing PC2 for a while now and I have a big problem.
    Both in free practice, both in qualifying and in the race, if I go too fast, a "slow down to not receive penalties" alert appears and if I don't slow down they give me penalties, +3 seconds, +6, etc.
    O__O
    What the hell is that??? What should I do to remove this absurd penalty?
    Thanks in advance

Platform
    PC
    Stay on the blacktop and don't cut or run wide in corners?
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Platform
    PC
    Please post a video to YouTube and share the link here so we can see.

MB Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390 // CPU Intel i9 9900K // RAM Corsair Vengeance RGP Pro 32GB DDR4 @3200MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia 4070 Ti // M.2 NVME SSD Samsung 960 EVO 2TB // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x62 280mm AIO // Case Fractal Design Define R6 Type C // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 //

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauri87zio View Post
    Hello everyone! I've been playing PC2 for a while now and I have a big problem.
    Both in free practice, both in qualifying and in the race, if I go too fast, a "slow down to not receive penalties" alert appears and if I don't slow down they give me penalties, +3 seconds, +6, etc.
    O__O
    What the hell is that??? What should I do to remove this absurd penalty?
    Thanks in advance
    Since you are playing offline, fortunately it's an easy solution, just completely disable the penalties in the options and police yourself, just don't go out of the track on purpose. Track limits as defined by the game are usually extrmely strict and worse thing is that while it tries to penalize you only when you indeed gain time, this does not actually work and often gives you those insane penalties that you already noticed (and in other cases it does not penalize you at all, even if you gain massively by cutting). But as I said the solution is very easy for offline play.

Platform
    PC
    I don't find the penalties a problem. Iirc you can get two wheels and half the car over the line as a guide. If you lift the throttle when you do go wide the penalty is often dropped or reduced. I find the algorithm works well but it will punish you if you don't stay on the tarmac.
    Ryzen9 5900x, rtx3090, reverb G2, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec DD2, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    First of all thanks to everyone for the answers. I will try to direct a video so that I can show it to you.

However, I assure you that I do not cut any corners, I remain 100% on the track. Sometimes they give me the alert on the straight, "slow down so as not to receive penalties from the stewards" appears on the screen and if I don't slow down they give me a penalty of seconds.

These are the very first races I am doing and the difficulty is 90 and this alert appears when I exceed 3 seconds behind me from the second. Could it be because I give too much detachment to the one behind? It seems so strange to me

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauri87zio View Post
    First of all thanks to everyone for the answers. I will try to direct a video so that I can show it to you.

However, I assure you that I do not cut any corners, I remain 100% on the track. Sometimes they give me the alert on the straight, "slow down so as not to receive penalties from the stewards" appears on the screen and if I don't slow down they give me a penalty of seconds.

These are the very first races I am doing and the difficulty is 90 and this alert appears when I exceed 3 seconds behind me from the second. Could it be because I give too much detachment to the one behind? It seems so strange to me
    No, absolutely nothing to do with that, it's just because the system usually takes a few seconds to calculate if you have gained time by cutting or "cutting" a corner. Most likely you have went off the track by 5 millimeters without noticing in the corner before and you just get the message a little later, while you are on the straight now. Trust me, the system is hopeless, keep your sanity and just disable the penalties.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    No, absolutely nothing to do with that, it's just because the system usually takes a few seconds to calculate if you have gained time by cutting or "cutting" a corner. Most likely you have went off the track by 5 millimeters without noticing in the corner before and you just get the message a little later, while you are on the straight now. Trust me, the system is hopeless, keep your sanity and just disable the penalties.
    You're right ... I tried to do some super cautious laps without even touching the curbs and I didn't get any penalties.
    Then it is enough to really go out a few centimeters to have this nuisance. Got it thanks a lot!!
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    PC
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips