Thread: Career Formula A

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Career Formula A

Hi all, still loving my favorite racing game. Still racing online with a Tuesday group, and my son now and again. I have just started formula A in career mode, and hit a brick wall.. I am used to running AI at 100%, but not in this class. Doing Red Bull ring at 1.18, with the odd 1.17.9. I have to run higher 1.18's to maintain any consistancy. I was not using DRS as i wanted to learn car and track first. Now go to DRS and Kers, and no improvement in time. Kers shows it is going down on the scale, but others are blasting by at 75% AI. Has anyone had problems with the Formula A in career mode? Any help would be appreciated. I have watched some video's on it, Florida Life was good, and i am running similar lines, same or slightly higher corner speed thru corner, but still much slower. I am an older fart, but still do track days, and used to run a formula car back in the day, so i do understand the basics of racing.
    Is there a way to skip this section and move on to a different class and put fun back into Career Mode? I use Playstation 4 system, Logitech G29, and a full homemade wood rig with a 55 in tv, if that makes any difference. Thanks, Peter

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I had trouble with Formula C as well, and wanted to back out and move to a different class. The general advice I got was, on cold days don't bother with slicks - use wets (I'm not sure if Formula A gives you the option of hard or soft slicks). By comparison, I finished Karts and GT5 at 60, Clio Cup at 75 (I'm no pro) but was dropping Formula C to 20-30 for some tracks and conditions just to be able to make it halfway enjoyable - and I don't think I ever went over 60. I'm now on Group A and still at 70 (dropped it to 65 for Catalunya) despite now using H-shifter instead of paddle shifters.

I did find a lot of help watching others on Youtube and the lines they take, which certainly got me through a few trickier tracks. And getting their set-ups from the Ghost in Time Trial helped too.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Mayhembadger, thanks for the response. I found that Formula A was just damn fast, and had to improve driving techniques before adjusting the car, even though i thought i was on it. A little earlier and smoother braking, (brake hard under aero, and ease back a bit as aero fades and prevent lock up) get the angle to apex right, let it roll to exit point and bring throttle up slower, or short shift first 2 gears, and be ready for torque steer. Slowing my drive down made car faster. The small details meant a lot in this car. I ended up in the 1.16s, made some adjustments, used DRS and got into the mid 1.15s. Still working on it, want to get the 1.14s. lol.
    Thanks for the reply, and hope the formula C comes around for you. its a fun car.