Thread: Might somebody at any point kindly make sense of the differential settings in tuning?

Rookie
    1717 Columbia Rd NW, Washington, DC 20009, USA
    Platform
    PC

Might somebody at any point kindly make sense of the differential settings in tuning?

There no great reason at all that I can find. Diff power, diff coast, and diff preload. Power and drift I somewhat get. The diff kicks in under power and drifting under unambiguous circumstances. What I don't get is the degree setting. Do I really want it higher or lower for it to kick in under power. Assuming higher will increment oversteer or diminish it? Same with coast.

A full clarification for preload and what it impacts is additionally required.

And afterward there's what drivetrain is on the vehicle. An AWD vehicle needs various settings for the front diff and back diff to fit the vehicle to how you believe it should deal with. However, that is by all accounts nonexistent here.

What's the arrangement precisely?

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by zanewiller View Post
    There no great reason at all that I can find. Diff power, diff coast, and diff preload. Power and drift I somewhat get. The diff kicks in under power and drifting under unambiguous circumstances. What I don't get is the degree setting. Do I really want it higher or lower for it to kick in under power. Assuming higher will increment oversteer or diminish it? Same with coast.

A full clarification for preload and what it impacts is additionally required.

And afterward there's what drivetrain is on the vehicle. An AWD vehicle needs various settings for the front diff and back diff to fit the vehicle to how you believe it should deal with. However, that is by all accounts nonexistent here.

What's the arrangement precisely?
    https://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...=1#post1367069

All the info you need is there!