Thread: Issues with traction on XBOX

Platform
    XBOX1 X

Issues with traction on XBOX

Hey,
    Let me start by saying that I'm playing on Xbox. The PC2 settings are a bit overwhelming, and while I've set FFB to a satisfactory level I can't seem to get a handle on traction (I think).
    I have traction control turned off in the settings, and while driving in a rally, for example, there are times despite downshifting that the cars lock up and situations where I would swerve out of a skid causing the engine to not grip the revs, the wheels don't break the ground and I'm flying through walls.

Do you have any ideas?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Try driving just a fraction slower - downshifting does not guarantee you will maintain traction.

The Netherlands, close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by skiwinv View Post
    Try driving just a fraction slower - downshifting does not guarantee you will maintain traction.
    Actually it's worse, downshifting is an action that will try to unsettle a car, how much depends on the car. The car not having auto-blip or you not blipping manually worsens the problem. Switching to a lower gear(while off throttle) at higher revs can massively unsettle a car(by engine breaking, which you can compensate in the setup in many cars). Turning auto-clutch on helps too(but I'd advise learing heal-and toe to operate 3 pedals with 2 feet simultaneously). Last but not least, don't shiftdown too early, but also not too quickly through the gears. Slow down a bit first, then shift slow down more and shift down again.
    Last edited by MaximusN; 16-07-2022 at 23:31.
    "What we tweeted was a factual description of events. No need to speculate on this"
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, 3090 iChill x4, 3900X, Samsung 49" G9/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

/// MaximusDoriftus(Steam)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, r_outsider

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I'm wondering if it's not caused by the Xbox's performance issues.
    There was a discussion about it that cars handle unpredictable when a certain number of AI's were on track,making it impossible to race some career events...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, MaximusN

The Netherlands, close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    I'm wondering if it's not caused by the Xbox's performance issues.
    There was a discussion about it that cars handle unpredictable when a certain number of AI's were on track,making it impossible to race some career events...
    That certainly won't help, but that's even more reason to be very gentle and smooth in driving and (down)shifting to not unsettle the car.

EDIT: His platform says Xbox X so he should be fine. Even the S was okay I think, it's just the OG Xbox1 that has noticeable physics issues in certain circumstances.
    "What we tweeted was a factual description of events. No need to speculate on this"
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, 3090 iChill x4, 3900X, Samsung 49" G9/Vive, Denon AVC-X3700H

/// MaximusDoriftus(Steam)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, Zaskarspants

Superkart Pilot
    Not the end of the world, but you can see it from here
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    That certainly won't help, but that's even more reason to be very gentle and smooth in driving and (down)shifting to not unsettle the car.

EDIT: His platform says Xbox X so he should be fine. Even the S was okay I think, it's just the OG Xbox1 that has noticeable physics issues in certain circumstances.

Even my XBox One X was prone to weird physics issues. On my OG X1 it was borderline unplayable (well, I couldn't tolerate it, anyway). The Series consoles (at least my XSX), on the other hand