Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Logitech releases direct drive wheels.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    I'm more concerned about pc2 compatibility
    It will work. You'll just have to reload LGS every other day to keep it working.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    ill stick with my g29 unit still going strong for what i use it for cant see the cost

still use a controller 75% of the time for project cars 2 and get more wheel use on ats(american truck simulator) where its perfect for that use

wish i could afford a fanatec and several wheels though but just got my pc almost where i want it just need two ssd hard drives and a m2 hard drive to finish it off for the time being
    I don't see the point in having a collection of wheels. Some guys like to flex their stash of wheels but it just seems inconvenient to me. My G29 is going still going strong. My ps4 controllers are dead but I only play pc2 and acc now so haven't even bothered with replacing the controllers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    It will work. You'll just have to reload LGS every other day to keep it working.
    What is LGS?
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Platform
    PC
    Logitech Gaming Software. If you are not on PC, it's not a problem. However their Windows drivers/software have been causing issues with their devices since around 2017. I don't know if they shifted development teams or what, but the quality of the software sharply dropped around then and hasn't really gotten better.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    I don't see the point in having a collection of wheels. Some guys like to flex their stash of wheels but it just seems inconvenient to me. My G29 is going still going strong. My ps4 controllers are dead but I only play pc2 and acc now so haven't even bothered with replacing the controllers!
    I have 2.
    One GT/Formula style rim with many buttons for F1 / GT / LM racing
    One round shaped wheel for Rally and older cars where i have more steering work
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System ASUS B550 | CPU Ryzen 9-5900x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base SIMAGIC M10 | Rim TM Sparco, DimSim DIY Rim | Pedals DC-Simracing | Gearshifter VNM V1 | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD HP Reverb / Quest 2 | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core - Drivers Club ( german language )
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/devilscoredriversclub/
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by satco1066 View Post
    I have 2.
    thats pretty much what i would want a formula style rim for racing and a round wheel for oval stuff and american truck simulator
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 5.1GHz, Ram: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64GB DDR4 3600 CL16-19-19-39 1.35V Dual Channel, 64 bit OPS, MSI Nvidia 3070TI Suprim X, MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX Gaming Motherboard, EVGA Supernova 1000 G6, 80 Plus Gold 1000W power supply

Platform
    PC
    Deleted, wrong thread.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Logitech Gaming Software. If you are not on PC, it's not a problem. However their Windows drivers/software have been causing issues with their devices since around 2017. I don't know if they shifted development teams or what, but the quality of the software sharply dropped around then and hasn't really gotten better.
    Ah ye I gave it a go on a laptop I set up for my dad to try R3e for a weekend.
    Had to set up LGS or G hub whatever and update firmware and download drivers this and that.
    Worked well enough. But everything works with a G29.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by satco1066 View Post
    I have 2.
    Makes sense. I wouldn't call that a collection but a practical, reasonable set that will cover the range.

Some guys have the whole fanatec catalogue and more in display cases...
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Platform
    PC
    Ah ye I gave it a go on a laptop I set up for my dad to try R3e for a weekend.
    Had to set up LGS or G hub whatever and update firmware and download drivers this and that.
    Worked well enough. But everything works with a G29.
    G29's are not immune. It's more of the game choice. R3E is using the old rFactor game engine. It doesn't use the LGS software. It just treats it as a generic USB wheel. The new titles rely more on Logitech's software so you'll see more problems on those. I used to have a G25 (two of them actually) which I used for a lot of good years. I eventually had issues with their software around 2016/2017. That's when I switched over the Thrustmaster and never looked back.

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300