Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The end of an era...

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    It's just unbelievable and hard to comprehend...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough
    The following 5 users likes this Post: cluck, EmilGlockner, PostBox981, Sum Dixon-Ear, Womp83

Platform
    PS5
    It is.. so many wonderful memories.. it will take a long time to fully sink in that this is the end.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec DD Pro/ClubSport F1 2018 LE Rim + Podium APM/ClubSport V3 Pedals + Brake Performance Kit - PS5 Digital - Saor Alba
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cluck, Konan

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    "Be careful what you wish for" springs to mind... I remember how some wished Pc3 would fail to the extent that SMS had to change direction again.
    Guess what?
    They changed direction allright...

DIY rig walk-through :

The following 2 users likes this Post: MaximusN, Sum Dixon-Ear

Platform
    PC
    Really sad
    CPU : Intel Core i7 870 2.93GHz Quad-Core 3.0GHz Memory: 8Gb RAM GPU: N560GTX-Ti HAWK Wheels: G25 and Driving Force GT
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/C172fccc/featured
    STEAM: http://steamcommunity.com/id/c172fccc
    flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/c172fccc/
    The following 3 users likes this Post: cluck, Konan, Sum Dixon-Ear

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    A big thank you to EA. Thank you Forza and NFS. Games that bore me to death today, but that bring in a lot of money with their open world - gamepass obliges - and the thousands (millions) of casu players that will generate funds.
    That's what video game racing is all about today. An open world however bland, teenage driving and a weekly follow up to get you to turn on your console every day.

"We are focusing $$$ on our strengths in our $$$ racing portfolio, particularly licensed IP and $$$ open-world $experiences$, and expanding our franchises to be more $$$$ socially-led with long-term $$$ live services that will $$ engage $$ global $$$ communities.$$$$ "" EA said.

I am very saddened by this news. What will be left, seriously...
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Konan, RyokoMaruyama, Sum Dixon-Ear, Womp83

Platform
    PS5
    Yeah.. thanks a bunch EA...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	full-1 (1).jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	177.1 KB 
ID:	293532
    Savoury69 - Fanatec DD Pro/ClubSport F1 2018 LE Rim + Podium APM/ClubSport V3 Pedals + Brake Performance Kit - PS5 Digital - Saor Alba
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Konan, MrTulip, Womp83

Platform
    PC
    It's very strange to me that PCARS1 and 2 got delisted so close to each other, when other games that get delisted due to licensing go down with a year or two of space. What's more strange was that apparently PCARS1 was up on the Steam store until yesterday.

All of this is really fishy, and Ian Bell probably had no idea that this would happen to the extent that it did. Perhaps it was a threat to comply to the live service model that Skate and The Sims did?

Also, it would be nice if anyone uploaded the WMD builds for 1 and 2 just for archive's sake, since the IP is pretty much dead in the water now. RIP.
    trans rights

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Uploading the WMD builds would land that person in deep water, legally. I used to keep hold of the early builds, that we had to manually download from SMS, for pCARS1 but have long-since deleted them as I figured the authentication servers would have long-since been shut down. Same goes for the Steam builds, they needed to go through an auth server to start. Yes, I'm sure somebody could patch around that, but that would be as much an infringement as uploading the files in the first place.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i9-9900K w/Noctua NH-D15 Black cooler // MSI RTX 3080 Suprim X GPU // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Corsair RM850i 850W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Acer Predator X34P 34" IPS 3440x1440 100Hz //
    The following 2 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, Konan

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Dammit!

I hope that the guys are poached by Ian or EA/Codies WRC team, at least.
    Intel i9-9900K | Asus Z390-H mobo | 32 GB 2400 MHz mem | nVidia RTX-3090 | Soundblaster ZxR | TS-PC Racer wheel | TH8A H-shifter | Varjo Aero | Win10 64bit | Launch parameters: -pthreads 4

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20221108-190832_Twitter.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	145.8 KB 
ID:	293533

DIY rig walk-through :

The following 7 users likes this Post: EmilGlockner, John Hargreaves, Mad Al, MrTulip, RyokoMaruyama, Sum Dixon-Ear, Womp83